Indian Hill Observatory
Calendar of Events
The Log Book
Web News-Main Page
Monthly Sky Calendar
We Observe - by A. Mallama
Updated January 14, 2010
The Valley SkyWatcher Magazine
A Publication of the Chagrin Valley Astronomical Society
P.O. Box 11 Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022
January 2010 Edition
The meeting was called to order by President Ian Cooper at 7:30 pm on January 2, 2010 at Sunnybrook Preserve. with 15 members. A quorum was present. .
The minutes from the December meeting are posted on the website. No additions or corrections were noted by the members present.
Steve read off the dues update by member.
Cash in Bank - $1,453.06, Petty Cash - $62.00, Total Cash - $1,515.06.. .
For the month we paid:
telephone in the amount of $51.75
- The land was paid for and we have the deed.
We are fee and clear of all debts.
- George Gliba, one of our founders, donated $50 towards the new pavilion.
Ken passed around a list of proposed projects for the year. Need new battery for lawn tractor. Need to plant something on old drive up hill to control erosion. We should replace all of our railings with plastic material instead of wood. Larry has extra bulbs and light fixture for red path lights.
No visitors were at this meeting.
- Website being worked on. Larry got together with Steve at his place and worked on starting a website template. Larry’s company is paying for website consulting through PC Worx in Mentor. (http://pcworx1.com/) Mr. Stacy Crute will help Steve..
- Still need a member’s data form from Larry.
- Discussion on changes to constitution.
Main subject was changing Article III Section 3. We should eliminate the first sentence and add for purposes of voting to the second sentence. This change was approved.
- Article IV Section 1 to change Librarian to Historian and adding office of Assistant Treasurer. Section 13 change word Librarian to Historian. The Historian shall keep the organization’s scrap book and history current. This change was approved.
- Add to Article III Section 2 CVAS observes equal opportunity for membership regardless of race, religion, sex, color, creed, or physical impairment. This change was approved.
- Article IV Section 10 shall be revised to read The Treasurer, and when needed Assistant Treasurer.. This change was approved.
Under By-Laws Section 3, business meetings will be held monthly in a place and at a date and time published at least one month in advance. This change was improved.
Star party at Girdled Road this Friday and at the Rookery in February
- Reviewed Calendar Dates : Girdled Road date on Saturday night. There is a Girdled Road star party each month during the winter. We should have some Geauga Park District dates at the next meeting.
Director of Observations:
Bob was not in attendence. The Sky Calendar was handed out and discussed. For the complete report, please visit the Monthly Sky Calendar on our website.
Our next meeting is February 6 at Sunnybrook Preserve at 12474 Heath Road. Start time is 7:30 PM
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.